Thursday 3 July 2014

Senja

The whale trip was amazing but we wanted to move on as there is not much else to do in Andenes. The ferry to Senja, the next island, left at 5 and we were on it. The aire we ended up in was by a graveyard in Sandsvika, just a short walk to a gorgeous beach and surrounded by mountains. We start to take the beauty of this place for granted then we remind ourselves just how lucky we are to be sending time in this beautiful country.
Sandsvika Beach

Mr Fluffy lost, yet another, lure on the beach so we headed off again and are now on our way to Alta to see the rock carvings. I actually caught a coalfish, also known as rock salmon, at our aire by the marina in Olderdalen tonight. It was very tasty too.


Eating the catch outdoors
My left buttock is dangling below the newly formed rip in my jeans. As I stepped in to Dickie from a stroll on the beach the strain became all to much…RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP….. I heard as the jeans gave way. Perhaps they were trying to get into the seventies vibe of a denim short after seeing me in my kaftan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Soggy Return

It wasn’t the welcome home we expected - torrential rain, flooding, and giant potholes in pretty much every road we drove on today. Ugh! The...